How-To Import Data
(Description + Video)
Tip: Before import your data read our blog post: “Best practices for a healthy address book”
There are three ways to import data massively into Pobuca:
- Import through our Excel template or Outlook / Gmail CSV file
- Import data directly from your mobile device
- Let Pobuca to import for you (available only in enterprise version or on demand)
Import through our Excel template or Outlook / Gmail CSV file
From the main menu choose Import
Then select the first option “Excel, CSV file” and click next.
Choose the type of data you wish to import, contacts or organizations, then choose Next.
At step 1 you could download and edit our excel template by clicking on “Here”.
Choose the file you wish to import by clicking on “Choose File”. You may upload an excel file or a .csv file that has exported from Outlook or Gmail.
Note: The excel files must fulfill the following criteria:
- Should be saved as Excel 97-2003 Workbook (.xls) type
- If you don’t use our template, the column headers of your file should be match with the column header of our excel template. Otherwise, the data of the column will be ignored during the import process.
- If your file is greater than 4MB, split it into multiple files before you import them.
Once the file is selected, click next to continue the import process.
The duplicate check is on us. Choose below the filters you would like us to inspect.
To complete the import process click on “Submit”.
Tip: Don’t forget to link contacts with their organizations. This link may be handy in various ways, and especially in searches, as in case of business contacts you often recall first the organization they work for.
There are two ways to massively link contacts with organizations:
- At first, you should create the organizations with their details (through organization template) and then, during the editing of contact template, in column “Organization Name” fill in the exact name of the organization with which you want to link the contact.
- In column “Organization Name” of contact template, fill in the name of the organization with which you want to link the contact. During the import process, an organization will be automatically create, without details, and the contacts will be automatically associated with it.